zaterdag, mei 25, 2024
No menu items!

American plug ≠ European plug

In the United States the voltage is different as in Europe, 110-120V 60Hz instead of 220-230V 50Hz. For most European electrical equipment this is not a problem. You can perfectly use your own charger for you smartphone or tablet.

But… you will have to bring a converter to plug your charger in an American socket. In Europe we use type C, E and F plugs with round pins. In the USA type A and B plugs with flat pins are used.


In the USA it can be hard to find a converter, so it’s best to buy one (or more) before your trip. We say ‘or more’ because you want to charge your smartphone while you write a tripreport on your laptop.


Lees ook  Driver's license

Amerikaanse simkaart

Verbonden blijven tijdens je trip door de USA? Dan heb je een Amerikaanse simkaart nodig. USA SIM heeft alles wat je nodig hebt.

Amerikaanse prepaid simkaart

Reisadapter voor Amerika

In de VS is het moeilijk om een overgangsstuk te vinden van Europese naar Amerikaanse stekkers, dus neem je best zelf een adapter mee. Deze TESSAN Reisadapter USA met 2 usb-poorten is ideaal.

=> Bekijk bij Amazon

Gerelateerde artikels

No posts to display